[comp.sys.mac.system] 6.0.7 printing and Gatekeeper 1.1.1

kenk@sunHd.tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) (02/18/91)

I just installed 6.0.7 on my SE and immediately ran into trouble with
Gatekeeper. Seems every time I want to print or even do a Page Setup,
Gatekeeper rejects a RsrcMapEntry(DRVR,2) call. Other than configure
Gatekeeper for every application that may print, is there any other
solution?

Thanks in advance,
    -Ken K
--
Ken Konecki
"Eat well, stay fit, and die anyway"

chrisj@ut-emx.uucp (Chris Johnson) (02/19/91)

In article <5347@tellab5.tellabs.com> kenk@sunHd.tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) writes:
>I just installed 6.0.7 on my SE and immediately ran into trouble with
>Gatekeeper. Seems every time I want to print or even do a Page Setup,
>Gatekeeper rejects a RsrcMapEntry(DRVR,2) call. Other than configure
>Gatekeeper for every application that may print, is there any other
>solution?

The trouble here stems from a change Apple made to its printing code in
System 6.0.7.  I built a workaround for the problem into Gatekeeper Aid
version 1.1.  So, I think all you need is this latest version of 'Aid
and everything should go back to working normally.  If you already have
'Aid 1.1, make sure that it installs *before* Gatekeeper (it's configured
to by default, but sometimes people get copies whose names have been
changed).

If you have ftp access to Internet sites, you'll find 'Aid 1.1 on
ix1.cc.utexas.edu or ix2.cc.utexas.edu in the microlib/mac/virus directory.
If you can't get it that way, let me know and I'll email it to you.

>Thanks in advance,
>    -Ken K

No problem.

----Chris (Johnson)