[comp.sys.mac.system] Mac Lockup/Disk Unmounting Software

jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) (02/19/91)

Hello to all of you out there!

	I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards an answer for my
	problem.  I am running a Mac lab that is accessible by a common
	password.  We need a INIT/CDEV (CDEV prferrably) that will, after a
	certain period of time, the Mac will either dismount the server volume,
	or lock the screen, requiring a password for re-access.  Could someone
	help me write such a utility or preferably (since I am not such a good
	programmer) write it for me.  Please Email back to me and/or follow-up
	to this post.  This would be a very useful program for us.

|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |

ccwenker@cnedcu51.bitnet (Laurent Wenker) (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb19.062232.24394@cec1.wustl.edu>, jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) writes:
> Hello to all of you out there!
>
> 	I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards an answer for my
> 	problem.  I am running a Mac lab that is accessible by a common
> 	password.  We need a INIT/CDEV (CDEV prferrably) that will, after a
> 	certain period of time, the Mac will either dismount the server volume,
> 	or lock the screen, requiring a password for re-access.  Could someone
> 	help me write such a utility or preferably (since I am not such a good
> 	programmer) write it for me.  Please Email back to me and/or follow-up
> 	to this post.  This would be a very useful program for us.
>

> |     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |

Just download MacPassword 3.8 (from sumex-aim.stanford.edu). It's exactly
what you need. It's shareware and a good protection tool, so good that if
you forget the password, with maximum protection, you have to reinitialize
your hard disk !!!

--
Laurent Wenker                            +-----+
University of Neuchatel                  /     /

jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.062232.24394@cec1.wustl.edu> jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) writes:
>Hello to all of you out there!
>
>	I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards an answer for my
>	problem.  I am running a Mac lab that is accessible by a common
>	password.  We need a INIT/CDEV (CDEV prferrably) that will, after a
>	certain period of time, the Mac will either dismount the server volume,
>	or lock the screen, requiring a password for re-access.  Could someone
>	help me write such a utility or preferably (since I am not such a good
>	programmer) write it for me.  Please Email back to me and/or follow-up
>	to this post.  This would be a very useful program for us.
>

>|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
>|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
>|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
>|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |

Just as an addenum, I need something that is/would be small.  I have VERY SMALL
amounts of space that I can work with.