[comp.sys.mac.system] any WDEF...

tlf@sppy00.UUCP (Business Boy) (02/27/91)

In <91052.122810KJSTEELE@MTUS5.BITNET>, KJSTEELE@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>   I would like to take a WDEF out of window switcher and put it into my system
>.  I have tried this but the regular old windows keep comming up.  I want to do
> this so I don't have to run the cdev.  Is there a way to do this?  Maybe make
>a ROM overide resource with Resedit?
>
>Thank,
>Kevin J Steele
>KJSTEELE@MTUs5.bitnet

I think this is correct and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
but here goes...

You have to replace the Mac original WDEF with the "new" WDEF. This means
clearing out the old WDEF and pasting in the new making sure the new WDEF
has the same resource ID. Please, please, please do this on a copy of your
system file first.

I have never replaced the original WDEF, but I have add the "round" WDEF
to my system folder. I use it in some personal applications...

happy hacking
Tom

   Tom Fought (KITES!)        {att|pyramid|killer}}!osu-cis!spyy00!tlf
   *** These are my views, not my employer's (standard disclaimer) ***