[comp.sys.mac.system] possible bug in 6.0.7

vito@ucscb.ucsc.edu (66115000) (02/28/91)

I recently set up a Mac Classic and Mac LC.  I used the installer disks to
install 6.0.7 on both machines. Later, when using font/DA mover to copy fonts
(palatino) into the System file, the machine came up with an error, "Sorry
a serious problem has occurred".  This happened on BOTH machines.
I ran Norton utilties on both machines and it said that the System file had
been damaged.

|             Cowell College, University of California, Santa Cruz       //   |
|             0X >> Theta Chi Fraternity, Theta Iota Chapter << 0X     \X/    |

hnewstro@x102c.harris-atd.com (Harvey Newstrom) (03/01/91)

In article <12869@darkstar.ucsc.edu> vito@ucscb.ucsc.edu (66115000) writes:

>I recently set up a Mac Classic and Mac LC.  I used the installer disks to
>install 6.0.7 on both machines. Later, when using font/DA mover to copy fonts
>(palatino) into the System file, the machine came up with an error, "Sorry
>a serious problem has occurred".  This happened on BOTH machines.

I have this happen to me if the file I am trying to write to is locked.  It
does not cleanly give you a message, but says that a serious problem has
occurred.  Click on the system file and press command-I to get info.  If the
lock box in the corner is x'd, click on it to unlock the file.  Hopefully,
this is all that is wrong.  Good Luck!
Harvey Newstrom   (hnewstro@x102c.ess.harris.com)   (c)1991 All rights reserved