[comp.sys.mac.system] I need help running out of finder memory w/ multifinder

rmf@bpdsun1.uucp (Rob Finley) (03/04/91)

While using Multifinder with 5Meg physical ram and system 6.0, I keep running
out of finder memory.

How can I make it bigger?
Or, am I missing a file that lets it do this by itself.

-----
 "Lets go kick some Earthling butt!" -- Spaced Invaders

                                    quintro!bpdsun1!rmf@lll-winken.llnl.gov
                                    uunet!tiamat!quintro!bpdsun1!rmf

krweiss@ucdavis.edu (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.001031.2587@bpdsun1.uucp> rmf@bpdsun1.uucp (Rob Finley)
writes:
>While using Multifinder with 5Meg physical ram and system 6.0, I keep running
>out of finder memory.
>
>How can I make it bigger?

Open the System Folder.
Locate the file called Finder
Click once on the icon for Finder
Select Get Info from the File menu
Change the Application Memory allocation in the lower right corner
Close the Get Info window
Restart your Mac

300K seems to work for hard drives up to 120MB.

Ken Weiss
krweiss@ucdavis.edu

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/05/91)

> While using Multifinder with 5Meg physical ram and system 6.0, I keep running
> out of finder memory.  How can I make it bigger?

Try this: click (NOT double-click) on finder (the file in the system
folder) and select Get Info (cmd-I). Now look at the box on the bottom
right where it says "Application Memory Sixe" or some such. Make that
number bigger.

Ian Chai
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

Jim.Spencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org.org (Jim Spencer) (03/07/91)

Rob Finley writes in a message to All

RF> While using Multifinder with 5Meg physical ram and system 6.0,
RF> I keep running out of finder memory.
RF> How can I make it bigger? Or, am I missing a file that lets it
RF> do this by itself.

Simply set the application size in the Get Info box from the Finder like you would with any other application.