[comp.sys.mac.system] Getting and using 6.0.7

eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) (03/09/91)

I just ftp'ed the 6.0.7 files and after unstuffing them I noticed that
I am left with 820K byte image files, that I assume are some sort of
disk image(?). What do I need to do to these files to install 6.0.7?
There must be some knowledge I'm missing.

Thanks
Mark Eades

price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (03/09/91)

In article <9458@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM>, eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) writes:
>I just ftp'ed the 6.0.7 files and after unstuffing them I noticed that
>I am left with 820K byte image files, that I assume are some sort of
>disk image(?). What do I need to do to these files to install 6.0.7?
>There must be some knowledge I'm missing.

	Yes, you also need DiskCopy, which is also on apple.com.

  John Price                   | Internet: price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
  5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph
  UCLA Dept. of Physics        | SPAN:     uclapp::price
  Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259
             Where there is no solution, there is no problem.

nwc1@quads.uchicago.edu (einsturzende neubaten) (03/10/91)

To update the drive REALLY fast, if the disk images are already on it, I
recommend the use of the INIT/CDEV Disk Image. It lets you mount the disk
images on the desktop, without the hassle of making actual 800K disks out of
them, then swapping disks...etc. I think that it should be available on
sumex-aim, or I could def. email one if necessary...
'later!

--
| Beep Beep Beavers * WFNX 101.7 * Words like violence/ Break the silence/    |
| Come crashing in/ Into my little world.-DM * I KNOW that it's Einstuerzende |

nwc1@quads.uchicago.edu (einsturzende neubaten) (03/11/91)

Use MountImage, I mean. Not DiskImage. The current version is 1.1B4 or like.
It's def. available at Sumex.

I'm getting my From: line taken care of!!!