[comp.sys.mac.system] Background Imagewriter Printing

brianj@witsend.cs.umd.edu (Brian Johnson) (02/19/91)

I could swear that I once had background imagewriter printing, but for
the life of me I can't remember how I did it.  Have I trashed one of
my oh so significant public domain inits/da's???

Thanks,
	Brian
--
Brian Johnson          Computer Science Department
brianj@cs.umd.edu      University of Maryland

brianj@witsend.cs.umd.edu (Brian Johnson) (02/20/91)

Many thanks to all who responded.  The answer lies in the sumex \util
directory under the name of multispool.  Hope this helps any others
with the same question.

--

Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Ken Knight) (02/20/91)

brianj@witsend.cs.umd.edu (Brian Johnson) writes:
"I could swear that I once had background imagewriter printing, but for
the life of me I can't remember how I did it.  Have I trashed one of
my oh so significant public domain inits/da's???
"

Brian, take a look at Multpool by Gueseppe Carnevale (sp). It should be
out there at several FTP sites (like info-mac's at Stanford).

--

        Ken Knight, Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

schorsch@oxy.edu (Brent William Schorsch) (03/05/91)

I ftp'ed a copy of multispool. It seems to be an INIT, but I cannot figure
out how it works... I have not used backgound printing ever (I don't have
a laserwriter) so what am I doing wrong? System 6.05, 4Meg SE, Multifinder.
Backgrounder is in my system folder.
-Brent
(schorsch@oxy.edu)

pasek@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (03/19/91)

In article <152261@tiger.oxy.edu> schorsch@oxy.edu (B. W. Schorsch) writes:
>I ftp'ed a copy of multispool. It seems to be an INIT, but I cannot figure
>out how it works... I have not used backgound printing ever (I don't have
>a laserwriter) so what am I doing wrong? System 6.05, 4Meg SE, Multifinder.
>Backgrounder is in my system folder.

I couldn't get MultiSpool to work either.  I think that one of the things that
MUST be done is to click the "RESUME" button (select MultiSpool under the
"Apple" menu to get the dialog box).  However, when I do this I drop into
MacsBug with an Address Error at FlushEvents+250.  I haven't had the time
to figure out why.  Other than that, it APPEARS to be working correctly --
the documents that I printed end up in the "MultiSpool Folder" in the
"System Folder".

My configuration (at home, where I need this):
    System 6.0.3
    4meg MacPlus
    Multifinder (with Backgrounder, etc).

Has anyone been able to get in touch with the author of Multispool ?  If I
can get this to work, I'll send off my shareware fee IMMEDIATELY, in whatever
form and denomination he'd like it.

M. A. Pasek               Software Development              NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668               NP Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@ncrons.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113