[comp.sys.mac.system] TrueType - Gatekeeper Aid incompatible on SE30

6500dby@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Bruce Young) (03/22/91)

After a day of work, I finally figured out that when
Gatekeeper Aid and TrueType were installed together on
my SE30, doing Get Info on the Finder, or trying to
look at the TrueType fonts under Suitcase II caused
a system crash. What a pain. Is there a more recent
version of Gatekeeper Aid out than 1.1.1?
There is no problem when the same situation exists on
a Mac II.

Bruce

dwal@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Walton) (03/22/91)

In article <10129@hub.ucsb.edu> 6500dby@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Bruce Young) writes:
>After a day of work, I finally figured out that when
>Gatekeeper Aid and TrueType were installed together on
>my SE30, doing Get Info on the Finder, or trying to
>look at the TrueType fonts under Suitcase II caused
>a system crash. What a pain. Is there a more recent
>version of Gatekeeper Aid out than 1.1.1?

Uhhh...you mean GateKeeper Aid 1.0.1? or GateKeeper 1.1.1?

I of course trashed the documents with the change history for earlier
versions of GateKeeper Aid, but as I recall, the Choose-Get-Info-on-
the-Finder problem was a bug with an earlier version of GateKeeper or
GateKeeper Aid.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which, but I can at
least recommend that you should have

	GateKeeper Aid 1.1
	GateKeeper 1.1.1

which are the latest versions that I'm aware of.  As you can tell,
this is from memory, and may therefore be wildly inaccurate.  (Of
course, that wouldn't be anything new...).

--
David Walton            Internet: dwal@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago   {  Any opinions found herein are mine, not  }

6500dby@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Bruce Young) (03/23/91)

Thanks, everyone...
I thought I had the latest Gatekeeper Aid on that machine, but
noooo... It's V1.0. Never mind...

Bruce