[comp.sys.mac.system] Additional TrueType fonts

dweisman@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Ordinary Man) (03/22/91)

Anybody know how soon there will be more fonts available for TrueType besides
those from apple (Helvetica, Courier, etc...)? Will they be free, etc...?

Thanks,

Dan
--
/-------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|   Dan Weisman -  University of Miami - Florida   |  ||   ||   ||   ||   |

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar21.133655.8232@umiami.ir.miami.edu>, dweisman@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Ordinary Man) writes:

> Anybody know how soon there will be more fonts available for TrueType besides
> those from apple (Helvetica, Courier, etc...)? Will they be free, etc...?

True Type fonts are available now.  Much like other outline fonts,
they are available for purchase.  Right now, I'm aware of Bitstream's
Font Packs I & II.  Each contains one face appropriate for text, in
four styles,  along with three display faces.

The retail price is $89, with a $10 rebate form included in the box.