[comp.sys.mac.system] THINK Pascal unusable--SEMI-FIXED

dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (03/26/91)

Last week I wrote:

> Most programs work most of the time--like, one bomb a day.  Hardly
> acceptable, but a lot better than this.  The two programs that I'm
> almost afraid to use any more are THINK Pascal (serious!) and DiskTop
> Launch DA (sad, but livable).

The winning suggestion came from Rich Siegel, one of the net's most
invaluable resources (Thanks, Rich!).  He suggested that my System
might be corrupted, and that I reinstall it.  [Insert sound of me
kicking myself.]

I did, and I programmed for two whole hours Saturday night, with only
a single bomb, and that not in THINK Pascal (it was DT launch).

I'm still getting the occasional totally random Bus Error, but as far
as I can tell that's inherent in System 6.0.7 and won't ever go away.
PseudoFPU has taken care of all the reproducible Coprocessor Not
Installed errors, but the totally random ones are still around.

Anyway, THINK Pascal is working great again.  Wish I could say as much
for the System.

-- Dave Matuszek (dave@prc.unisys.com)  I don't speak for my employer. --
|   When I was young, my family bought a color TV.  Our neigbors, who   |
| were poorer, had only a black-and-white set.  They bought a piece of  |
| cellophane, red on top, yellow in the middle, and blue on the bottom, |
| and taped it over their screen, so they could claim that they had a   |
| color TV, too.                                                        |
|   Now there's Windows 3.0.                                            |