[comp.sys.mac.system] I can't change the name or icon of my hard drive under 7.0b4!

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (03/26/91)

I'm running System 7.0b4, and even though Personal FileShare is turned
off, I can't edit the name of my hard drive or paste a new icon into
its Get Info window; it's as unchangeable as the Trash can.

This happened with 7.0b1, too.  Is this a bug in System 7 beta, or is
it just me doing something inane?

All other files can be renamed normally -- it's just the hard drive
itself that refuses to change.

     << Brian >>

| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
"It's not that I don't HAVE the work to *do* -- I don't DO the work I *have*."

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (03/27/91)

In article <7542@idunno.Princeton.EDU>, bskendig@phoenix (Brian Kendig) writes:
>I'm running System 7.0b4, and even though Personal FileShare is turned
>off, I can't edit the name of my hard drive or paste a new icon into
>its Get Info window; it's as unchangeable as the Trash can.

With 7.0b5 I can change the name of the drive as long as file sharing
isn't turned on, and I can change the icon any time I want.

anders