[comp.sys.mac.system] Finder memory problem?

rja@cbnewsm.att.com (robert.j.asen) (04/03/91)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Finder 6.1.7 not running DA's directly from the
apple menu.  When I select a DA, I get a sysbeep.  If I hold the <option>
key, it launches properly.  Therefore, I believe that this is a problem with
the memory allocated to the Finder.  I've upped the "Get Info" size from
163K (or so) to 500K.  This has had no effect, other than adding a lot
of space in the Finder's listing in "About the Finder."

There are two SIZE resources, 0 and -1 in Finder.  Only one reflected the
"Get Info" change to 500K.  I then modified the other with no apparent
result.

I am running a number of inits, on a Mac IIsi with System 6.0.7, if it's
any use.

Please respond through e-mail as I seldom read this group.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Rob Asen
--
Rob Asen           AT&T Bell Laboratories         DoD   #750
908-580-8020       184 Liberty Corner Rd         1989 FJ1200 "Kitty"

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (04/03/91)

rja@cbnewsm.att.com (robert.j.asen) writes:

>Hi,

>I'm having a problem with Finder 6.1.7 not running DA's directly from the
>apple menu.  When I select a DA, I get a sysbeep.  If I hold the <option>
>key, it launches properly.  Therefore, I believe that this is a problem with
>the memory allocated to the Finder.  I've upped the "Get Info" size from
>163K (or so) to 500K.  This has had no effect, other than adding a lot
>of space in the Finder's listing in "About the Finder."

>There are two SIZE resources, 0 and -1 in Finder.  Only one reflected the
>"Get Info" change to 500K.  I then modified the other with no apparent
>result.

>I am running a number of inits, on a Mac IIsi with System 6.0.7, if it's
>any use.

>Please respond through e-mail as I seldom read this group.

>Thanks in advance for your advice,

>Rob Asen
>--
>Rob Asen           AT&T Bell Laboratories         DoD   #750
>908-580-8020       184 Liberty Corner Rd         1989 FJ1200 "Kitty"
>att!lcuxlm!rja     Warren, N.J. 07059            1978  XS750 Special
>[Special hello to my mom, Rita]                  Lost  KZ400 "Hank"

None of this will work--you're missing the DA Handler file. Drop it in and you
will be set

--
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu