[comp.sys.mac.system] April 1

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (04/03/91)

   Although I saw righy by the System 7 posting (although I later checked just
to be sure), I was totally taken in by the cmd-opt-shift-1-4 routine.  I
suppose I booted my computer half a dozen times trying to find the supposed
non-graphical mode.  Needless to say I felt true humility when I realized how I
had so eagerly been duped.

Jon Pace
school deleted from embarassment

krweiss@ucdavis.edu (04/04/91)

In article <kbyKf=m00WB7QEF28k@andrew.cmu.edu> jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan
Pace) writes:

>   Although I saw righy by the System 7 posting (although I later checked just
>to be sure), I was totally taken in by the cmd-opt-shift-1-4 routine.  I
>suppose I booted my computer half a dozen times trying to find the supposed
>non-graphical mode.  Needless to say I felt true humility when I realized how
>had so eagerly been duped.
>
>Jon Pace
>school deleted from embarassment
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jon,

I'm in a helpful mood today, so I thought I'd take the time to point out that
you neglected to blank out the Organization line in your news header:

Pittsburgh, PA

As Curly of the Three Stooges so often (and perceptively) said, "Nyack nyack
nyack..." Truth is, I would have tried it myself if I hadn't already seen the
System 7.0 posting on mac.digest, and been on the alert for April fool jokes.

Ken Weiss
krweiss@ucdavis.edu

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (04/04/91)

In article <12070@aggie.ucdavis.edu> krweiss@ucdavis.edu writes:
>nyack..." Truth is, I would have tried it myself if I hadn't already seen the
>System 7.0 posting on mac.digest, and been on the alert for April fool jokes.

Now admit it, even you alert skeptics -- how many of you weren't
even *tempted* to at least try it once to see if it worked?

I know *I* was...
--
Ian Chai                     | "God loves you just  the way you are,  but
Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu  | He loves you too much to let you stay that