[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7.0FC1

james@netcom.COM (James L. Paul) (04/03/91)

I read with great amusement all those reactions to the "April Fools" post
about system 7.0 being available.

I do not know if it is available via ftp or not, I haven't looked. I don't
need to, since I just downloaded 7.0FC1 (7.0 Final, candidate one) from
AppleLink.

April fools or not, it's later than B6, and it is available NOW. Yes, it
surprised me too. (I think it's unprecedented.) They must be getting close.

BTW, I'll be SHOCKED if C1 is the last candidate. You never know, though.
I'm running it now, and it feels good. (yow!)

--
James L. Paul

Internet:  netcom!james@apple.com | AppleLink: D1231 | CompuServe: 72767,3436
UUCP: {apple,amdahl}!netcom!james | GEnie:    J.PAUL | Voice:    415 377-1981
Packet:     N6SIW@N6EEG.CA.USA.NA | Delphi:   JLPaul | Home Fax: 415 377-0381

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr3.111705.6634@netcom.COM> james@netcom.COM (James L. Paul) writes:
>I read with great amusement all those reactions to the "April Fools" post
>need to, since I just downloaded 7.0FC1 (7.0 Final, candidate one) from
>AppleLink.

Great, where can we get a copy???????
April fools or not, it's later than B6, and it is available NOW. Yes, it

"They can fly rings around the moon,	      |		 Mike
but we're years ahead of them on the highway" |	  gaines@mars.njit.edu
			System 7 on an 800K floppy? HA!

james@netcom.COM (James L. Paul) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.145229.4569@njitgw.njit.edu> gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
>Great, where can we get a copy???????

I thought that was fairly plain> :)

Log onto AppleLink with your developer account and download it! (Boy, if
downloading 7 disk images at 2400 bps from AppleLink isn't an adventure!)

--

francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.195209.14721@netcom.COM> james@netcom.COM (James L. Paul) writes:

>In article <1991Apr3.145229.4569@njitgw.njit.edu> gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
>>Great, where can we get a copy???????

>I thought that was fairly plain> :)

>Log onto AppleLink with your developer account and download it! (Boy, if
>downloading 7 disk images at 2400 bps from AppleLink isn't an adventure!)

I think the point is that most of us don't have developer accounts.

--
/============================================================================\
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) (04/04/91)

>I think the point is that most of us don't have developer accounts.

>--
>/============================================================================\
>| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
>| Department of Mathematics    |=============================================|
>| University of Chicago	       | Until you stalk and overrun,	     	     |
>| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu  |  you can't devour anyone. -- Hobbes 	     |
>\============================================================================/

I agree.  I'm getting a little sick of the "Gosh, isn't 7.0 neat?" messages
around here.
"Oh, I deserve it.  My friend's brothers' cousins' barber is a developer."

Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |    you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

drenze@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Douglas Renze) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.045435.8261@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) writes:

>>I think the point is that most of us don't have developer accounts.

[sig deleted]

>I agree.  I'm getting a little sick of the "Gosh, isn't 7.0 neat?" messages
>around here.
>"Oh, I deserve it.  My friend's brothers' cousins' barber is a developer."

I would have to agree with the sentiment expressed in this note.  Many of us
are 'developers' of sorts, but for some reason or another are not registered
developers (for me, it's mainly the money I've heard that it costs.  For a
poor student like me, it's simply unaffordable).  I'm not going to say that
it's 'unfair' that we can't try Sys7 or that we're 'entitled' to be able to
try it--we're not.  I'm just saying that it can be durned annoying at times to
listen to everybody talking about it when I'm unable to get a copy!!!

Ach, well.  What else is new?

Peace,

Doug.