[comp.sys.mac.system] Broken promises or UBD? Printer Wars and 7.0.

bjb@pyrps5.pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) (04/05/91)

After installing 7.0, I find that I'm experiencing laser wars. I
thought that Apple had previously stated that future versions of laserprep
wouldn't cause this. (Don't ask me where I heard this!).

Anyway, I'm running the 7.0 beta -- and the company is using the 5.2 prep
file. I tried to use the old laserwriter driver with 7.0 -- no dice. The
file 'Laser Prep' doesn't seem to be in the 7.0 distribution -- I ass-u-me that
it is now part of the driver file.

Does anyone know how to hot-wire this thing?

Bruce Beare
bjb@pyramid

In article <150840@pyramid.pyramid.com> bjb@pyrps5.pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) writes:
>After installing 7.0, I find that I'm experiencing laser wars. I
>thought that Apple had previously stated that future versions of laserprep
>wouldn't cause this. (Don't ask me where I heard this!).
[...]
>Does anyone know how to hot-wire this thing?

Get everyone else to upgrade to LW 6.1 (the TrueType version)

bjb@pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) (04/05/91)

writes:
> From: bjb@pyrps5.pyramid.com (Bruce Beare)
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
> Subject: Broken promises or UBD? Printer Wars and 7.0.
> Date: 4 Apr 91 18:50:06 GMT
> Sender: news@pyramid.pyramid.com
>
> After installing 7.0, I find that I'm experiencing laser wars. I
> thought that Apple had previously stated that future versions of laserprep
> wouldn't cause this. (Don't ask me where I heard this!).
>
> Anyway, I'm running the 7.0 beta -- and the company is using the 5.2 prep
> file. I tried to use the old laserwriter driver with 7.0 -- no dice. The
> file 'Laser Prep' doesn't seem to be in the 7.0 distribution -- I ass-u-me
that
> it is now part of the driver file.
>
> Does anyone know how to hot-wire this thing?
>
> Bruce Beare
> bjb@pyramid

I've received several replys on this. Thanks to all.

Apparently the 'solution' to this is to have all of the non system-7 users
upgrade their laserwrite/laserprep files to the ones that came with the
stylewriter/truetype disks.

-Bruce

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach, net.god {retired}) (04/05/91)

bjb@pyrps5.pyramid.com (Bruce Beare) writes:

>Anyway, I'm running the 7.0 beta -- and the company is using the 5.2 prep
>file. I tried to use the old laserwriter driver with 7.0 -- no dice. The
>file 'Laser Prep' doesn't seem to be in the 7.0 distribution -- I ass-u-me that
>it is now part of the driver file.

Once everyone is up to the new drivers, there will be no more prep wars.

--
Chuq Von Rospach  >=<  chuq@apple.com  >=<  GEnie: CHUQ  >=<  AppleLink: CHUQ
     SFWA Nebula Awards Reports Editor    =+=    Editor, OtherRealms

Recommended reading: GOBLIN MOON  by Teresa Edgerton; BONE DANCE by
Emma Bull; BLIND JUSTICE by S.N. Lewitt