[comp.sys.mac.system] Color HD icons?

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (04/06/91)

Is there anything that allows you to replace HD icons to 4 or 8 bit color
icons?

- Tim
dhlx@cornella.cit.cornell.edu

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) (04/07/91)

In article <1991Apr6.111230.3883@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Is there anything that allows you to replace HD icons to 4 or 8 bit color
>icons?

  Yes.  System 7.  :)

  -- Dean Yu
     Blue Meanie, Negative Ethnic Role Model, Firefighter, etc.
     Apple Computer, Inc.
     My opinions and so on and so forth...

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (04/07/91)

   There is a way to get 8 bit color disk icons, but it's a real hack.  Use
the inits Facade and SunDesk in combination. Make sure the HD icons are in the
system icon range for Sundesk, and voila -- 256 color disk icons.

   It took a bit of trying, but I'm pretty sure that's what I finally did that
worked.  Try it, and if you have any problems - yell.

Jon Pace
CMU - GSIA