[comp.sys.mac.system] Shutdown DA

myers@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Franklin Myers) (04/08/91)

I was wondering if anybody knew of a DA that would quit any application and
then automatically shutdown the machine.  I'm asking this because I have a DA
called Close File (which does just that) and another called Quick Eject which
does the same thing as the reset button.  Unfortunately, Quick Eject litters
the disk with the ScrapFile, NewFile, and UndoFile because it does not _quit_
the applications.  If there is no such DA, could someone program one (I'm not
a mac programmer)?  It ought to be multifinder compatible but that's not
necessary.
Thanks for any help,
Franklin Myers
myers@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (04/08/91)

myers@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Franklin Myers) writes:

>I was wondering if anybody knew of a DA that would quit any application and
>then automatically shutdown the machine.

Have you looked at either Tempo II Plus or QuicKeys 2?  Either or both
of these programs will allow you to launch an app (Actually Tempo has a
better way of launching apps...) and you can record a macro to launch an
application and then shut down when you are done!

--
     /    Patrick Hoepfner       |    NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    \