[comp.sys.mac.system] 7.0b4 vs 7.0FC1

jtsweet@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jonathan Thoma Sweet) (04/12/91)

I just wanted to post and say that SYSTEM 7.0FC1 is about 4X as good as beta
four.  About four times the INITs and software run now, and there are few
redraw problems.  Over all it runs VERY smoothly on my SE/30.

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr12.052654.4527@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> jtsweet@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jonathan Thoma Sweet) writes:
>I just wanted to post and say that SYSTEM 7.0FC1 is about 4X as good as beta
>four.  About four times the INITs and software run now, and there are few
>redraw problems.  Over all it runs VERY smoothly on my SE/30.

  Since almost all the software I've seen runs under Beta 4, I can't imagine
how four times as much software would run under 7.0FC1.

-- Mark Wilkins
--
*******     "Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude!"    **********
*  Mark R. Wilkins   wilkins@jarthur.claremont.edu   {uunet}!jarthur!wilkins  *

jc7j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jae W. Chang) (04/13/91)

   I sure wish that I could test out FC1 just to see if it really does
run better than b4... sigh ...
Jae