[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7.0 Prices and Distribution Errata

bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) (04/11/91)

Why can't Apple simply post the system on apple.com (if that's gonna
happen, fine, no nasty flames please, just e-mail)?  Second, why not
make a simple HC stack to explain all new features (same disclaimer
applies)?

I hate dealing with dealers.  They know nothing and profess to know
everything.  I'm sure I'll get it either way, and I doubt I'm going
to have that many problems figuring out the new features, as the
"net" will be buzzing with messages about these features after the
release.  Anyways, if my suggestions aren't going to happen here's
some things to think about:

1)  People who need the manuals will buy them.
2)  The wider the distribution of 7.0, the faster bugs will be
corrected.
3)  Dealers suck.
4)  Anybody who is hip(square) enough to follow a bbs on rn is going
to be clever enough to get what they need anyways, so why not make
it easier.

* Brian
* P.S. That April 1 posting on mac.digest wasn't funny -- it was
*      downright cruel.  AAAUUUUGHHHH!!!!!

george@swbatl.sbc.com (George Nincehelser 5-6544) (04/11/91)

In article <18172@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) writes:
>Why can't Apple simply post the system on apple.com (if that's gonna
>happen, fine, no nasty flames please, just e-mail)?  Second, why not
>make a simple HC stack to explain all new features (same disclaimer
>applies)?

It was!

There is a System 7.0 Hypercard feature stack out there somewhere.  I used to
have it, but I trashed it shortly after April 1. ;-)

>4)  Anybody who is hip(square) enough to follow a bbs on rn is going
>to be clever enough to get what they need anyways, so why not make
>it easier.

I wasn't that tough. ;-)

>* Brian
>* P.S. That April 1 posting on mac.digest wasn't funny -- it was

You'll really be screaming when you find out what I said *was* true.

It's gone now....sorry.

--
   /   George David Nincehelser        \  george@swbatl.sbc.com     \
  / /   Southwestern Bell Telephone     \  Phone: (314) 235-6544     \

jacobson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (R J Jacobson) (04/11/91)

>make a simple HC stack to explain all new features (same disclaimer
>
>There is a System 7.0 Hypercard feature stack out there somewhere.  I used to
>have it, but I trashed it shortly after April 1. ;-)

That stack can be found on the Nautilus sample disk that was being sent free
to any one who asked for is--just looked at mine last night and noticed that
stack as well as other goodies from Apple.

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (04/14/91)

bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) writes:

>* P.S. That April 1 posting on mac.digest wasn't funny -- it was
>*      downright cruel.  AAAUUUUGHHHH!!!!!

   I thought that the April 1st joke was for the benefit of uptight users.
Do you fit in this catagory???

      +--------------------------+---------------------------------------+
     /    Patrick Hoepfner       |    NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    \
    / America Online: PatrickH9  | Internet: hoepfner@heasfs.gsfc.nasa.gov \
   +-----------------------------+------------------------------------------+

rhumphre@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Robert P. Humphrey) (04/14/91)

In article <hoepfner.671581252@heawk1> hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) writes:
>bochen@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Meathead) writes:
>
>>* P.S. That April 1 posting on mac.digest wasn't funny -- it was
>>*      downright cruel.  AAAUUUUGHHHH!!!!!
>
>   I thought that the April 1st joke was for the benefit of uptight users.
>Do you fit in this catagory???

	Goodness knows, *I* do!

	Bob
       Robert Humphrey,       "It's easy to grin when your ship comes in,
       Gentleman Scholar      And you've got the stock market beat;
                              But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile,
   rhumphre@ucs.indiana.edu   When his shorts are too tight in the seat."
                                                  -Ted Knight, Caddyshack