[comp.sys.mac.system] Printing Postscript on PLP II

smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA) (04/14/91)

Last time when I posted this message, I got suggestions to use word's
print postscript
and SendPS.  I also got a suggestion to use Freedom of the Press, but I
don't want to buy
that just to print one postscript file.  the PLP II laser printer is a
Quickdraw printer and
neither word nor SendPS can print that postscript file.  Any more suggestions?

Saurabh

Charles.E.Dubuque@dartmouth.edu (Charles E. Dubuque) (04/15/91)

In article <1991Apr14.144430.27157@ncsu.edu>
smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA) writes:

> Last time when I posted this message, I got suggestions to use word's
> print postscript
> and SendPS.  I also got a suggestion to use Freedom of the Press, but I
> don't want to buy
> that just to print one postscript file.  the PLP II laser printer is a
> Quickdraw printer and
> neither word nor SendPS can print that postscript file.  Any more suggestions?
>
> Saurabh

Well, there just isn't any way that you are going to be able to print a
PostScript file to a QuickDraw laser printer, it's that simple. Freedom
of Press is an option, but you said you only need to print one
PostScript file? Well, just put the PostScript file and SendPS on a
disk and go to your local ComputerLand or your school's computer
cluster and pay the people there to print it out for you. For you will
NEVER get it to work without FOP or some other PostScript interpreter,
and since it is only for one file, just have someone with the RIGHT
EQUIPMENT print it out for you.

Chuck

Chuck Dubuque           ||"It's one thing to think something that seems
Dartmouth College       || completely impossible. But quite another to
HB 4233 Hanover NH      || say it..." -- Silent Invasion, book II
03755                   ||
C.Dubuque@Dartmouth.edu || DartmouthUs -not- the Review, but it's close