[comp.sys.mac.system] Weird crash problem on 1-meg Classic only

bdugan@teri.bio.uci.edu (Bill Dugan) (04/12/91)

A strange problem here.  I'm testing my app on different machines and
although it seems to work fine on a 1-meg SE, when I run it on a 1-meg
Classic under 6.0.7, *after I quit*, when I try to launch any application
it crashes with "Coprocessor not installed" or "Stack collided with heap"
or just "address error".  Am I screwing up on something that changed with
the classic?

bill

tisu@quads.uchicago.edu (Seth Tisue) (04/15/91)

In article <280568B8.29233@orion.oac.uci.edu> bdugan@teri.bio.uci.edu (Bill Dugan) writes:
>A strange problem here.  I'm testing my app on different machines and
>although it seems to work fine on a 1-meg SE, when I run it on a 1-meg
>Classic under 6.0.7, *after I quit*, when I try to launch any application
>it crashes with "Coprocessor not installed" or "Stack collided with heap"
>or just "address error".  Am I screwing up on something that changed with
>the classic?

I can't offer you any hard technical info, but I will mention that since I
switched from 6.0.3 to 6.0.7, one application (GIFConverter 2.2) will
frequently crash with the "Coprocessor not installed" message when I quit
from the application.  (Which was written with MacApp, by the way!)  This is
on an SE/30.  So, anyway: yours isn't the only program this happens with.
--
---- Seth Tisue                     USMail: c/o Plaster Cramp Press
---- (tisu@midway.uchicago.edu)                       P.O. Box 5975