[comp.sys.mac.system] 8.24GC Accelerator and Sys 7?

mpradhan@f.adelaide.edu.au (04/15/91)

Hello,

 Could some kindly person with access to anything later than 7.0b4
let me know if the 8.24GC INIT works with System 7.
 Strange menu drawing problems occured when using the GC INIT and
running 7.0b4, these were often followed by crashes...

 Thanks in advance.

 Regards,
 Malcolm
    Malcolm Pradhan                               _--_|\
    Medical Computing, Faculty of Medicine       /      \
    University of Adelaide, South Australia      \_.--._/
    InterNet: mpradhan@f.adelaide.edu.au               v
    Fax: + 618 223 2076

nerm@apple.com (Dean Yu) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr15.223157.1@f.adelaide.edu.au>, mpradhan@f.adelaide.edu.au writes:

> Hello,
>
>  Could some kindly person with access to anything later than 7.0b4
> let me know if the 8.24GC INIT works with System 7.
>  Strange menu drawing problems occured when using the GC INIT and
> running 7.0b4, these were often followed by crashes...

  These problems are due to the fact that we changed QuickDraw in System 7 to
do all those cool true-gray text you see in disabled menus, buttons, and inactive
windows.  The version of QuickDraw that is uploaded/downloaded/whatever to the
GC card doesn't recognise these new features so you probably just get blank
items.  Basically, the 8.24GC INIT needs to be revved for use with System 7.  I
don't know if this has happened, or if it's being worked on...

  -- Dean Yu
     Blue Meanie, Negative Ethnic Role Model, etc.
     Apple Computer, Inc.
     My opinions and so on and so forth...