[comp.sys.mac.system] DiskExpress II & Sys 7

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (04/18/91)

   Now that I have the (supposedly) stable 7FC3, I loaded DiskExpress II onto
my drive and rebooted.  To my surprise I got a message saying this and that
about DE2 and Sys 7 and asking for a code number provided by ALSoft.  I don't
feel like calling since the _official_ sys 7 isn't out yet, but does anyone
know if DE2 is going to work with sys 7 or is an upgrade in the works.

Jon

jackh@rice.edu (Jack W. Howarth) (04/18/91)

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) writes:

>   Now that I have the (supposedly) stable 7FC3, I loaded DiskExpress II onto
>my drive and rebooted.  To my surprise I got a message saying this and that
>about DE2 and Sys 7 and asking for a code number provided by ALSoft.  I don't
>feel like calling since the _official_ sys 7 isn't out yet, but does anyone
>know if DE2 is going to work with sys 7 or is an upgrade in the works.

>Jon

  AlSoft is sending out update notices for a new System 7.0 ready version of
DiskExpress II. They should have gone out this week. I believe the update fee
is about $10.
                        Jack

"No matter where you go...                           Jack W. Howarth