[comp.sys.mac.system] One folder at the top

jba@gorm.ruc.dk (Jan B.Andersen) (04/25/91)

Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu writes:

>There are times when I get the feeling that after a few more years my hard disk
>is going to have just one folder at the top level, a "System Folder" that has
>everything else inside of it...  Right now (here at work) I have 50 meg used on
>my hard drive, and 5.6 meg of that is in my system folder.

I don't see anything wrong with having just one folder - as long as I (or the
machine) can find what I need. Unfortunately, the technology which will allow
me to merely think "fetch me that document on telepathic interfaces I worked
in yesterday" doesn't exists yet, but in a few years we just might be able to
utter "OPEN DOCUMENT CONTAINING WORDS TELEPATIC AND INTERFACES".

>Garance_Drosehn@mts.rpi.edu

---
     / | /  RUC, Hus 19,1     jba@dat.ruc.dk      { o_o }    | SIMULA does it |
    /--|/   Postbox 260       DG-passer@ruc.dk     \ o / --> | with CLASS     |