[comp.sys.mac.system] Apple CD ROM, programming?

mark@megatek.UUCP (mark thompson) (04/30/91)

I am looking for programming info on the Apple CD ROM drive. It
appears that they must have added a number of control calls that
are not documented for the disk driver in inside mac. I would
like to be able to write things that use these.

Any help would be appreciated.

-mark
--
Rocket J. Squirrel			{uunet,ucsd,sun}!megatek!mark
	"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a Rabbit out of my hat!"

ech@cbnewsk.att.com (ned.horvath) (04/30/91)

From article <4361@megatek.megatek.uucp>, by mark@megatek.UUCP (mark thompson):
> I am looking for programming info on the Apple CD ROM drive. It
> appears that they must have added a number of control calls that
> are not documented for the disk driver in inside mac. I would
> like to be able to write things that use these.

Call APDA (800.282.2732) and order the AppleCD SC Developer's Guide, part
number A7G0023/A, $25.

=Ned Horvath=
ehorvath@attmail.com

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (04/30/91)

mark@megatek.UUCP (mark thompson) writes:

>I am looking for programming info on the Apple CD ROM drive. It
>appears that they must have added a number of control calls that
>are not documented for the disk driver in inside mac. I would
>like to be able to write things that use these.

The AppleCD SC Developer's Guide is available from APDA.  This contains
descriptions of the control calls used by the AppleCD SC drive, among
other information.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"