[comp.sys.mac.system] Facts on 7.0 support numbers

swsh@ellis.uchicago.edu (Janet M. Swisher) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr30.174522.21087@midway.uchicago.edu> I wrote:

>The 900 phone number you may have heard about will have recorded
>answers to frequent questions.  The charge will be $2/min.

I had some of my facts mangled.

Customers who purchase Upgrade Kits will be able to call either the
live Upgrade Answerline or the Automated Q&A line by an 800 number
(I'm not sure whether it will be one or two numbers).  For obvious
reasons, they're not giving out the number.

People who haven't purchased Upgrade Kits will be able to call the
live Upgrade Answerline by dialing 1-900-535-APPL at $2/min.  They can
call the Automated Q&A line as a regular long distance toll call,
408-257-7700 (although I guess it's a local call within area code
408).

The live Upgrade Answerline will be open Mon-Fri, 6 am - 5 pm, Pacific
Time.  The Automated Q&A line will be open 7 days/week, 24 hours/day.
The information in the Automated Q&A recordings will be kept as up to
date as possible.

The Upgrade Answerline is intended for questions about planning for
and installing System 7.0, not for ongoing usage questions.  The
Automated Q&A line covers questions on both installing and using
System 7.0.

Sorry about the previous misinformation.  I should have read the
handouts more carefully before posting.

--
Janet Swisher			Internet: swsh@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago		Phone: (312) 702-7608