[comp.sys.mac.system] KanjiTalk Installer Help?

ICBAL@ASUACAD.BITNET (05/01/91)

Having obtained KanjiTalk from the Developer CD, I have been trying
to install it without much success.  When I use the Installer it
will only let me install it on my HD, which would wipe out my present
system (no thanks).  Attempts to install it on another drive always fail
(when I click on the Install button, nothing happens).

Any suggestions?

Bruce Long

nmm2@quads.uchicago.edu (nathaniel marinus mccully) (05/02/91)

In article <91121.090034ICBAL@ASUACAD.BITNET> ICBAL@ASUACAD.BITNET writes:
>Having obtained KanjiTalk from the Developer CD, I have been trying
>to install it without much success.  When I use the Installer it
>will only let me install it on my HD, which would wipe out my present
>system (no thanks).  Attempts to install it on another drive always fail
>(when I click on the Install button, nothing happens).
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Bruce Long

First, copy the system folder from the System Tools disk onto your hard disk
(to make a second system folder).  Copy Blesser 1.1 off the Developer CD.
Using Blesser, bless the Japanese system folder and restart.  Once it is
blessed (i.e. has the little icon on the folder that says it is the active
system) you can run the installer normally from floppies automatically.

Mail me if you have questions.

--
!!\\   !!       !!\\ //!!			Dept. of EALC
!! \\  !!       !! \ / !!			Univ. of Chicago