[comp.sys.mac.system] Why 'fmnu' resources in Finder 7 ?

kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) (05/03/91)

tj@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) writes:
>So, can someonce explain why Apple is using a different menu resource format?
>What new and exciting features do fmnu's have that the regular old
>MENU resources don't have?

Good question....
--
	...kiran
		__________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu________(812) 331-1710

From the corrections column in a July Fresno, CA _Bee_:
"An item in Thursday's [issue] about the Massachusetts budget crisis
made reference to new taxes that will help put Massachusetts 'back in
the African-American.' The item should have said 'back in the black.'"

breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) (05/03/91)

In article <kiran.673221932@copper>, kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) writes:

|> tj@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) writes:
|> >So, can someonce explain why Apple is using a different menu resource format?
|> >What new and exciting features do fmnu's have that the regular old
|> >MENU resources don't have?
|>
|> Good question....

hey, I always thought those fmnu resources are made and required by
MacApp. They provide additional functionality supplied by the MacApp libraries.

Am I wrong?

Oliver.

---
		Oliver Breidenbach, CSD, Technische Universitaet, Muenchen
                      E-Mail: Oliver.Breidenbach@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.de

lsr@Apple.com (Larry Rosenstein) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May3.090059.6101@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE>,
breidenb@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Oliver Breidenbach) writes:

> hey, I
always thought those fmnu resources are made and required by
> MacApp. They
provide additional functionality supplied by the MacApp libraries.

No.
MacApp 2.0 uses a cmnu resource which is like MENU except each item has a
command number associated with it.  There's a tool that converts these
resources in to the associated MENU resources, and builds a table of the
command numbers.