[comp.sys.mac.system] System 7 delayed again

stevef@runx.oz.au (Stephen Finlay) (05/04/91)

I've heard that the May 13 release date for system 7 has been delayed
until some time in June.

Does anyone know the reason for this last minute delay?

Steve.

jtsweet@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Jonathan Thoma Sweet) (05/04/91)

stevef@runx.oz.au (Stephen Finlay) writes:

>I've heard that the May 13 release date for system 7 has been delayed
>until some time in June.

>Does anyone know the reason for this last minute delay?

Well, I havent heard this.  One of my friends just recieved 7.0 Golden
this IS THE FINAL VERSION!  I was dated April 27th.  I would really like
to know where you got this info, because MacWeek hasn't said a thing.

jtsweet@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May4.013046.23554@runx.oz.au>, stevef@runx.oz.au (Stephen Finlay) writes:
> I've heard that the May 13 release date for system 7 has been delayed
> until some time in June.
>
> Does anyone know the reason for this last minute delay?

I haven't heard that.  In fact I'm running what I was told is System
7 final final.  I haven't experienced any crashes or big problems
with it that would lead me to believe that they'd hold up the release.
Of course, anything is possible...

This has got to be one of Apple's best tested programs in their history.
With as many developers pounding on it as they've had I don't expect
any big surprises.  Sure, there will be a few bugs people find - all
software has bugs and System 7 is fairly large, but considering the
number of changes and enhancements made to the system, I'm very impressed
with the job they've done.

The release is only a week off people.  Can't keep the rumor mongering
down to a low roar?  I guess not...

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE

bskendig@light.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (05/05/91)

In article <1991May4.013046.23554@runx.oz.au> stevef@runx.oz.au (Stephen Finlay) writes:
>I've heard that the May 13 release date for system 7 has been delayed
>until some time in June.

Funny, that; I heard that the distribution disks were being readied at
this very moment.  Where'd you get your rumor from?

>Does anyone know the reason for this last minute delay?

I don't think there's any delay; it seemed to me like the gamma
process was practically over, and that nothing stood between System 7
and May 13.  Unless there's any official word, I'll keep my hopes
up...

     << Brian >>

| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"

fdm@WLV.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Frank D. Malczewski) (05/05/91)

I believe this is just the original poster's way of saying that he read in
MacWeek that although 7.0 will be released on May 13th, it may not be until
June that it will be readily available at your local dealer...   :-)

--Frank Malczewski                        (fdm@wlv.imsd.contel.com)