[comp.sys.mac.system] TrueType problem?

if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (05/02/91)

Has anyone tried TrueType with Illustrator 3? All I am getting on the screen
is vertical lines in place of the letters. I read a message on CompuServe from
someone with the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe not
going to work with TrueType? Thanks.
BW (Bill Wright)

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) (05/02/91)

In article <1991May1.175618.46420@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Has anyone tried TrueType with Illustrator 3? All I am getting on the screen
>is vertical lines in place of the letters. I read a message on CompuServe from
>someone with the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe not
>going to work with TrueType? Thanks.
>BW (Bill Wright)

  Illustrator 3.0 has some problems with TrueType.  I don't know if they plan
to update Illustrator or not...

  -- Dean Yu
     Blue Meanie, Negative Ethnic Role Model, etc.
     Apple Computer, Inc.
     My opinions and so on and so forth...

philip@pescadero.stanford.edu (Philip Machanick) (05/02/91)

In article <52296@apple.Apple.COM> nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) writes:
>  Illustrator 3.0 has some problems with TrueType.  I don't know if they plan
>to update Illustrator or not...

I recently received a free ugrade to 3.0.1. There is no quick summary of how it
differs from 3.0, but the Read Me does say
  Adobe Illustrator version 3.0.1 does not support TrueType fonts

Philip Machanick

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (05/03/91)

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) writes:

>Illustrator 3.0 has some problems with TrueType.  I don't know if
>they plan to update Illustrator or not...

Adobe shipped 3.0.1 to all registered users last week somewhen. While
this new version doesn't support TrueType per se, it doesn't act
strangely any more either. TrueType fonts simply are not accessbible
from within Illustrator.

Stephan
Stephan Somogyi                          No. No. No. I'm NOT with MIS.
MacUser

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (05/05/91)

There will be a new version of Adobe Illustrator that fixes incompatibilities
with TrueType/7.0.