[comp.sys.mac.system] Horses, Dead, Beating thereof

mark@megatek.UUCP (mark thompson) (05/06/91)

I know this won't be the last word on whether you should have to
pay $90 for version 7 (though it *WOULD* be nice were it so).

And it is true that I am used to the Mac O/S being free, and I
think that is a GOOD THING, since the software is what makes
a Mac.

I just want to say this to the O/S guys at Apple:

Since i got my Mac in 1984, there have been a whole RAFT of
great things added to the O/S. Yeah, sometimes you broke a
bunch of programs (like making all MegaMax C applications
obsolete en masse), but it has always been well worth the
agravation to upgrade.

Version 7 is going to be all singing and all dancing and it
will satisfy everyone's desires for, say, about 10 minutes
after it comes out, and I, for one, appreciate the efforts
that have gone into it, and I think $90 would be a bargain
for software of that quality. Not to mention that you are
getting a whole new set of manuals (mine are a bit out
of date, since they don't have much to say about double
sided floppies, hard disks or HFS).

-mark

--
Rocket J. Squirrel			{uunet,ucsd,sun}!megatek!mark
	"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a Rabbit out of my hat!"

marshall@sdd.hp.com (Marshall Clow) (05/07/91)

In article <4636@megatek.megatek.uucp> mark@megatek.UUCP (mark thompson) writes:
>I just want to say this to the O/S guys at Apple:
>
>Since i got my Mac in 1984, there have been a whole RAFT of
>great things added to the O/S. Yeah, sometimes you broke a
>bunch of programs (like making all MegaMax C applications
>obsolete en masse), but it has always been well worth the
>agravation to upgrade.
>
>Version 7 is going to be all singing and all dancing and it
>will satisfy everyone's desires for, say, about 10 minutes
>after it comes out, and I, for one, appreciate the efforts
>that have gone into it, and I think $90 would be a bargain
>for software of that quality. Not to mention that you are
>getting a whole new set of manuals (mine are a bit out
>of date, since they don't have much to say about double
>sided floppies, hard disks or HFS).

Well said, Mark.

-- Marshall Clow
marshall@sdd.hp.com