[comp.sys.mac.system] SYS7 INITs replacement: Are these relaced?

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (05/11/91)

These are the INITs I use.  Can someone savvy tell me which are
supplanted by System 7?

SoundMaster (Lets you assign sounds to the various system events)

SFScroll (Keeps your standard file list scrolled to the last place it
	  was the last time you used it.)

Disinfectant INIT

RestoreCLUT

ScreenMaster (Shows a Color picture at startup)

QuickKeys2

DialogKeys

After Dark

AltWDEF (Iconifies windows)

ColorFinder (Gives color Icons in the finder -- I know this one can go)

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

pfterry@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/11/91)

In article <17904@venera.isi.edu>, jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

> These are the INITs I use.  Can someone savvy tell me which are
> supplanted by System 7?
I can't speak to the whole list, but I'll chime in where I know.

> SoundMaster (Lets you assign sounds to the various system events)
I think this one works okay. It worked with b4.

> SFScroll (Keeps your standard file list scrolled to the last place it
> 	  was the last time you used it.)
I use SuperBoomerang and it has this feature built in, so I'm not positive.

> Disinfectant INIT
This one seems to work just fine.

> RestoreCLUT
I'm not familiar with this.

> ScreenMaster (Shows a Color picture at startup)
Don't know about this one.

> QuickKeys2
You'll need the 2.1 version of this. It should be out in June with
support for Apple and Finder Events.

> DialogKeys
Hmmm. Don't know about this one. I do know that Escapade works very well.

> After Dark
version 2.0 works very well.

> AltWDEF (Iconifies windows)
Don't know about this one either. ClickChange works aside from a
slight cosemetic problem in the Finder.

> ColorFinder (Gives color Icons in the finder -- I know this one can go)
>
> jas
>

> --
> Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
> jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
> jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California
--

Hope this helps. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

pf

**  Fred Terry                  **    If you turn the crank of a      **
**  Kansas Geological Survey    **    sausage machine backwards,      **
**  Univ. of Kansas             **    pigs don't come out the         **
**  Lawrence, KS  66047         **    other end.                      **
**  pfterry@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu  **                    --Cliff Stoll   **