[comp.sys.mac.system] GateKeeper 1.2 & Sys 7.0b4

alanc@ocf.berkeley.edu (Alan Coopersmith) (05/12/91)

I downloaded GateKeeper 1.2 from the UTexas machines today.

GateKeeper however now refuses to run on my Mac IIsi under Sys 7.0b4
On Startup the GateKeeper icon is X'ed and GateKeeper Control Panel
tells me it wont run on my machine.

GateKeeper Aid 1.2 will load under Sys 7 and the whol thing loads under
Sys 6.0.7.

Is this a 7.0b4 bug? A IIsi incompatability? a GateKeeper 1.2 bug?
Any suggestions?

My mac is a IIsi with 2M RAM/40 M Connor Internal HD (I've had programs
before that crashed only because I had the Connor drive that Apple
installed.)

Thanks for any help.  If you email me at alanc@ocf.berkeley.edu I will
summarize any response back to comp.sys.mac.system...

* Alan Coopersmith                * One ring to rule them all,     *
* alanc@ocf.berkeley.edu          *  One ring to find them,        *
* c60a-au@congo.berkeley.edu      * One ring to bring them all     *
*                                 *  And in the darkness bind them *
* Unit 3 - 207 Spens-Black Hall   * In the land of Mordor          *
* 2400 Durant, Berkeley, CA 94720 *  Where the shadows lie.        *

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) (05/12/91)

In article <1991May11.220847.6922@agate.berkeley.edu> alanc@ocf.berkeley.edu (Alan Coopersmith) writes, among other things:

>I downloaded GateKeeper 1.2 from the UTexas machines today.
>
>GateKeeper however now refuses to run on my Mac IIsi under Sys 7.0b4
>On Startup the GateKeeper icon is X'ed and GateKeeper Control Panel
>tells me it wont run on my machine.

I had the same problem on my SE running 7b4.  Locking Gatekeeper Controls
and rebooting solved the problem nicely.  This does not prevent preference
modifications.

>Is this a 7.0b4 bug? A IIsi incompatability? a GateKeeper 1.2 bug?
>Any suggestions?

Since the documentation said it was System 7 compatible, I'd guess that it
tested fine with the final version.  We'll find out on Monday.  Either way,
it's not a serious problem.

*                                     |   OK, one last time . . . This is   *
* "Was it love, or was it the idea    |   an egg . . . This is an egg in a  *
*  of being in love?" -- PF           |   frying pan . . . Any questions?   *
*    (BTW, which one *is* Pink?)      |                                     *
*                                     |   --->oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu<---     *
******************   Copyright (c) 1991 by Doc O'Leary   ********************