[comp.sys.mac.system] Sys 7.0 and Apple 8/24 video card

patel@mwunix.mitre.org (Anup C. Patel) (05/15/91)

In the May 13th issue of Infoworld, there is a small article on page 112
that describes hardware that may be incompatible with Sys 7.0.  One such
hardware is Apple's very own 24-bit color 8/24 Graphics Card according to	the article.

Is this true?  Is there anyone on the net who has this card and can verify
the statment?

Thanks.

hopperj@dayton.saic.com (05/16/91)

In article <1991May15.151939.17943@linus.mitre.org>, patel@mwunix.mitre.org (Anup C. Patel) writes:
> In the May 13th issue of Infoworld, there is a small article on page 112
> that describes hardware that may be incompatible with Sys 7.0.  One such
> hardware is Apple's very own 24-bit color 8/24 Graphics Card according to	the article.
>
> Is this true?  Is there anyone on the net who has this card and can verify
> the statment?

yes it is true (at least for the beta 4 version.  system 7 uses a new graphics
mode which seems to be incompatable with the 8/24gc.  if you turn off
acceleration seems to work just fine.  looks to me as if they need to update
the AMD29000 version of quickdraw.  jim hopper