[comp.sys.mac.system] May 13th someday...

wilde@cs.colorado.edu (Nick Wilde) (05/16/91)

In article <52920@apple.Apple.COM>, bc@Apple.COM (bill coderre) writes:

> kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) writes:
> |Who else is there to blame? They've been shipping upgrade kits, so at
> |least some disk copying is being done. Sending 7 disks to each of
> |their dealers by overnight mail doesn't seem so unreasonable to me,
> |nor does selling sumex &c licences to distribute the software, for
> |say, $1 or so. But Apple still hasn't got the hang of being a mass
> |marketer, even with that guy from Pepsi in charge.
>
> I don't think it's fair to "blame" anyone when Apple DID TAKE ALL THE
> STEPS YOU DEMAND so rudely, and the simple answer is that System 7.0
> should (should should) be almost everywhere in the continental US

  (etc...)

> In the mean time, why don't you call your dealer and see if it's there
> yet. Sheesh.
>
> bill coderre
> frankly a little amazed at this "something for nothing" attitude

Hey... Try to remember for every whiner out there, there's probably a hundred
of us quietly thankful for all you and the rest of the apple Usenetter's have
done.

I don't blame you for getting a bit hot and bothered, but don't get the impression
these bozos speak for everybody on the net. Hopefully, they're the (admittedly vocal)
minority thats whining and carrying on just because they can't be the first kid
on their block with new toys.

The rest of us are quite thankful for the opportunity to benefit from all the
hard work and effort that probably went into 7.0, be it May 13, April 13
or June 13..

-Nick

(one of the silent [hopefully] majority)