[comp.sys.mac.system] Find showing a path

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/16/91)

In article <52890@apple.Apple.COM> nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) writes:
>In article <1991May14.010900.4742@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> umh@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>>
>>2) The finder find command seems very fast. However can you tell it not to
>>present me with an icon of the file its found, but to show me where the file is
>>(you know- something like disk20:folder1:folder2:looked_for_filw like the old
>>findfile DA used to do). I've fiddled with views but nothing there seems
>>promising.
>>
>  Find will always bring up the window and select it's icon.  The vast majority
>of users will use Find to locate a file so they can use it.  The Finder is
>merely catering to this majority.

  Once the file is showing in the window, simply hold down the command
  key and click on the window title.  Shazam, a path to the file is
  shown, from the root of the disk to the current folder.  I like this
  functionality a LOT.
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company     |                                   |
| Maplewood, MN   55144-1000     |  Parachuting?  Why jump out of a  |