[comp.sys.mac.system] Startup Device for Mac Plus anyone?

aroest@fwi.uva.nl (Axel Roest (N)) (05/13/91)

To get away from all the system 7 hype:

Is there a way to select the hard disc a Mac Plus starts from?
I mean something like Startup Device from Apple but then working on a Plus.
I have two harddiscs with different system setups and want to swap them
occasionally.

Many thanks,
Axel Roest
--
Strike a pose...

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (05/18/91)

aroest@fwi.uva.nl (Axel Roest (N)) writes:

>To get away from all the system 7 hype:

>Is there a way to select the hard disc a Mac Plus starts from?
>I mean something like Startup Device from Apple but then working on a Plus.
>I have two harddiscs with different system setups and want to swap them
>occasionally.

I have a plus with two drives and I can specify the startup
disk with the control panel device.  If you don't have this
cdev you may want to copy it from another computer, from
the master disks or just reload your system.

I believe that the Startup Device cdev is not loaded
with your system unless you have two drives and I believe
that even if it is loaded, it will not appear in the
control panel unless you have two drives.  This has not
been tested.
--
= Enjoy!                                                                   =
=          John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group       =