[comp.sys.mac.system] Please post status of ftp.apple.com

ccocswr@prism.gatech.EDU (Winston M. Rast (Georgia Tech Mac User)) (05/17/91)

I've seen so many messages about people wanting to know if anyone has gotten
system 7.0 from ftp.apple.com and was wondering if all the replies were
through private e-mail.  If someone _knows_ what the deal is with
ftp.apple.com PLEASE post to the news group to let EVERYONE know.  Thank you!

--
{{{{{ [[[[[ ((((( <<<<< ----- Winston M. Rast ----- >>>>> ))))) ]]]]] }}}}}
{{{{ [[[[ (((( <<<< ---- ccocswr@prism.gatech.edu  ---- >>>> )))) ]]]] }}}}

ta-dw30@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (David Worenklein) (05/17/91)

In article <29226@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccocswr@prism.gatech.EDU (Winston M. Rast    (Georgia Tech Mac User)) writes:
>I've seen so many messages about people wanting to know if anyone has gotten
>system 7.0 from ftp.apple.com and was wondering if all the replies were
>through private e-mail.  If someone _knows_ what the deal is with
>ftp.apple.com PLEASE post to the news group to let EVERYONE know.  Thank you!

ftp.apple.com is definately up - it's just busy. I managed to get system 7 - it
wasn't easy. The question is: has anyone succesfuly un-binhexed the images? It
seems that they may be corrupted...

David C Worenklein      | No one could tell me where my soul might be;
Columbia College '93    | I searched for God, but he eluded me;
in the City of New York | I sought my brother out, and found all three. -Crosby

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (05/18/91)

ccocswr@prism.gatech.EDU (Winston M. Rast    (Georgia Tech Mac User)) writes:

>I've seen so many messages about people wanting to know if anyone has gotten
>system 7.0 from ftp.apple.com and was wondering if all the replies were
>through private e-mail.  If someone _knows_ what the deal is with
>ftp.apple.com PLEASE post to the news group to let EVERYONE know.  Thank you!

Perhaps you should read comp.mac.announce, where M. Johnson has been keeping
(the rest of) us up to date all along.

>--
>{{{ [[[ ((( <<< --- Georgia Tech student.  Send cash fast!  >>> ))) ]]] }}}
--
Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu