[comp.sys.mac.system] Where are the new MacTCP and AdminTCP inits?

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) (05/17/91)

Where are the new (v1.1) MacTCP and AdminTCP inits?  The ones
I have (1.0.2) don't work with System 7.

Jim

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach, only here for the beer) (05/17/91)

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) writes:

>Where are the new (v1.1) MacTCP and AdminTCP inits?  The ones
>I have (1.0.2) don't work with System 7.

MacTCP 1.1 isn't out yet. 1.0.2 will work if you put it in the root of your
system folder.

--
Chuq Von Rospach >=< chuq@apple.com >=< GEnie:CHUQ or MAC.BIGOT >=< ALink:CHUQ
     SFWA Nebula Awards Reports Editor    =+=    Editor, OtherRealms

Recommended: ORION IN THE DYING TIME Ben Bova (Tor, Aug, ***-); SACRED
VISIONS Greeley&Cassutt (Tor, Aug, ****+); MEN AT WORK George Will (****);
XENOCIDE Orson Scott Card (August, ****)

steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield;232HMB;3-6292;;MF62) (05/18/91)

In article <53010@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach, only here for the beer) writes:
#>jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) writes:
#>
#>>Where are the new (v1.1) MacTCP and AdminTCP inits?  The ones
#>>I have (1.0.2) don't work with System 7.
#>
#>MacTCP 1.1 isn't out yet. 1.0.2 will work if you put it in the root of your
#>system folder.
#>
#>Chuq Von Rospach >=< chuq@apple.com >=< GEnie:CHUQ or MAC.BIGOT >=< ALink:CHUQ

I was told by an Apple engineer that a new version of MacTCP
would probably be out in June or July.

Steve Goldfield

francis@math.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (05/18/91)

In article <53010@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach, only here for the beer) writes:

   MacTCP 1.1 isn't out yet. 1.0.2 will work if you put it in the root of your
   system folder.

You'll have to put an alias in the Control Panels (?) folder to get at
its Control Panel.

--
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|