[comp.sys.mac.system] How do you get on ftp.apple.com

ccastjs@prism.gatech.EDU (The Amazing Jim Stembridge (05/15/91)

I have tried to get on ftp.apple.com but all I get is the terminal just
stops and after a while says connect: Connection timed out.

Is ftp.apple.com up? If so, is anybody getting on? Has anyone gotten
on at all  today?
                      ccastjs@prism.gatech.edu
    Jim Stembridge, 3037 Springdale Road, Hapeville, Georgia 30354

rdw89@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Williams RD) (05/18/91)

In <29063@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastjs@prism.gatech.EDU (The Amazing Jim Stembridge                                 say no more, say no more....) writes:

>I have tried to get on ftp.apple.com but all I get is the terminal just
>stops and after a while says connect: Connection timed out.

>Is ftp.apple.com up? If so, is anybody getting on? Has anyone gotten
>on at all  today?

Amazingly, I managed to log on to ftp.apple.com earlier this morning.
After a while the computer closed the connection.
What I _did_ notice though was that the fdhd.images directory was
still not open for public access, while the 800k image one was.  Did
they do this on purpose so that the individual ftp file size wasn't
too big, or is it just because they haven't had a chance to priv it
correctly yet?

System 7 must have pushed FTPing further than ever before!

mep2@quads.uchicago.edu (meaghan elizabeth parker) (05/21/91)

I was on just about five minutes ago and there was no directory that had the
System 7 files in it.

Maybe I looked in the wrong places.

Where, exactly, are the system 7 files located after you've logged on?
What directory are they kept in?

Yours,