[comp.sys.mac.system] cx returns to health!

robg@Apple.COM (Rob Griffiths) (05/21/91)

On Sunday (Saturday?) I posted about a finder crash under 7.0 on the
cx.  When creating a trash alias in the main window, any attempt to open
or use the alias would freeze my system.

Well, I talked to some of the 7.0 team today, and they couldn't
duplicate the problem at the lab.  Sigh.  So I said, "OK, I'll take
home MacsBug, and trace through a bit of this for their sake."

Well, wouldn't ya know.  I get home, try to re-create the crash, and
everything works >>>fine<<<.  Bizarre.

I even re-re-re-re-installed my System 7 disks, in an attempt to recreate
the problem.  No luck.  Go figure...

So, I'm looking to hear from anyone out there that might still be having
a problem with the cx and trash aliases in the root level directory window.

Any takers?  I know I'm not imagining what happened on Sunday ;-) -- but
I need some evidence so they don't take me away and lock me up!

-rob.

[NOTE:  Please ... this is nothing >official< in any way!  I don't even
work in product development ... I'd just like to know if anyone else
is still experiencing this problem...and then maybe exchange system
configurations via e-mail to try to find the cause.  Of course, I guess
Sunday could've all been a dream ... Yeah, that's it ... Kinda like
"Dallas" a few years back ... ;-) ]
--
/---------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| R. Griffiths         | "Those who make peaceful resolution impossible     |

gross@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Mondo) (05/21/91)

In article <53143@apple.Apple.COM>, robg@Apple.COM (Rob Griffiths) writes:
> On Sunday (Saturday?) I posted about a finder crash under 7.0 on the
> cx.  When creating a trash alias in the main window, any attempt to open
> or use the alias would freeze my system.
>
> Well, I talked to some of the 7.0 team today, and they couldn't
> duplicate the problem at the lab.  Sigh.  So I said, "OK, I'll take
> home MacsBug, and trace through a bit of this for their sake."
>
> Well, wouldn't ya know.  I get home, try to re-create the crash, and
> everything works >>>fine<<<.  Bizarre.
>
> I even re-re-re-re-installed my System 7 disks, in an attempt to recreate
> the problem.  No luck.  Go figure...

I'kk take a shot...seems whenever you wanna show somebody important the
problem it goes away for awhile...but it's sure to come back.

Wait a week...by that time the bug will lose it's fear of being found by
the development team and will reappear. :)

--
Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)
Hey, wanna save the world? | Got sumtin' to say?        gross@umiami.bitnet