[comp.sys.mac.system] price of accelerators

kenney@hsi86.hsi.com (Brian Kenney) (05/21/91)

In article <5133@dirac.physics.purdue.edu> sho@gibbs.physics.purdue.edu (Sho Kuwamoto) writes:
>* One bomb.  The new finder lets you open up old systems as suitcases,
>  but it seems to crash when you try to do something to it.  I tried
>  opening my 6.0.5 system file and pull out a font, and the machine
>  hung.

I was able to succesfully do this on an SE with a System file from 6.0.7.

System 7 is very well done!  Thanks to Mark Johnson et. al. for being
able to ftp!

But Sys7 is ssssllllloooowww on an SE - I may be looking at
the SE -> SE/30 upgrade.  Have the prices of 3rd party accelerators
come down in the wake of Apple's price drop?  Seems kind of crazy
to buy a card for $500, when you can get the whole motherboard
swapped for $999.

Any info out there?

-Bri

--
Brian Kenney                                       kenney@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems                      Wallingford, CT