[comp.sys.mac.system] Missing: Finder Shortcuts

es2j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward John Sabol) (05/22/91)

The Finder Shortcuts option under the balloon menu item has mysteriously
disappeared. It was there, and now it isn't. The Finder Help file has not
changed location or anything. What's the problem? I know of one other person
who has the same problem. Also, Cmd-Left-Arrow (or it is Right Arrow? I can't
remember) doesn't work at all. This is all on a stock Mac II. Thanks.

+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Edward J. Sabol               | Arpa:   es2j+@andrew.cmu.edu          |
| Carnegie Mellon University    | Bitnet: es2j@ANDREW.BITNET            |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| "The streets that Balboa walked were his own private ocean and Balboa |
| was drowning." - August Wilson                                        |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/22/91)

In article <0cCLfoG00VoR4F0S1g@andrew.cmu.edu> es2j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward John Sabol) writes:
>The Finder Shortcuts option under the balloon menu item has mysteriously
>disappeared. It was there, and now it isn't. The Finder Help file has not
>changed location or anything. What's the problem? I know of one other person
>who has the same problem. Also, Cmd-Left-Arrow (or it is Right Arrow? I can't
>remember) doesn't work at all. This is all on a stock Mac II. Thanks.

"Finder ShortCuts" is there only when the Finder is the frontmost
application. If you typed up your posting with a teriminal program
(like I am), then that terminal program is the frontmost, and the
shortcuts menu item goes away.

Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.
INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"But where the senses fail us, reason must step in."  - Galileo