[comp.sys.mac.system] "Set StartUp" and menus under 7.0

so273208@seas.gwu.edu (Jens Johansen) (05/21/91)

Hello netters and clever people everywhere!

I have two small questions about system 7.0:

1)	In System 7.0 how do you set up an application to start up when the
	machine is booted up (used to be "Set Startup" in the old Special
	menu)

2)	How do you edit the finder menus in ResEdit?  I want to add command
	keys & things to the finder menus, but I can't find their resources
	in either the system or the finder.  Where are they hid?

Thanks very much. --Oh, and PLEASE respond by e-mail.  I'm sure these
questions have been asked before, and I also have very little time to read
news these days.  My computer at home is down, and I hate satying at work
longer than I need to...

Thanks again!

Jens

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (05/22/91)

In article <3210@sparko.gwu.edu>, so273208@seas (Jens Johansen) writes:
>Hello netters and clever people everywhere!
>

>1)	In System 7.0 how do you set up an application to start up when the
>	machine is booted up (used to be "Set Startup" in the old Special
>	menu)

Drag the application, or an alias to it, into the "Startup Items"
folder in the System Folder.

anders