[comp.sys.mac.system] Truetype problem - prints a bitmapped image

ccastjs@prism.gatech.EDU (The Amazing Jim Stembridge (05/21/91)

We are running a mac II with 8 meg RAM on boaard with 12 meg virtual.
System 7.0 with truetype fonts. Using the old laserwriter driver 5.2.

Why do the truetype fonts print out as bitmapped images? The printer
dialog box says printer doesn't have the font so a bitmapped image
is being created. Anybody have any ideas as to why and how this can
be fixed so we get nice output from these fonts?
                      ccastjs@prism.gatech.edu
    Jim Stembridge, 3037 Springdale Road, Hapeville, Georgia 30354

Charles.E.Dubuque@dartmouth.edu (Charles E. Dubuque) (05/22/91)

It's called, try using the LaserWriter 7 driver.

Tho' I believe that "generating a bitmapped font" won't hurt either,
since TrueType can rasterize to any point size and resolution.

Chuck
c.dubuque@dartmouth.edu

barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) (05/22/91)

In article <29518@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastjs@prism.gatech.EDU (The Amazing Jim Stembridge say no more, say no more....) writes:
>Why do the truetype fonts print out as bitmapped images? The printer
>dialog box says printer doesn't have the font so a bitmapped image
>is being created.
>
>We are running a mac II with 8 meg RAM on boaard with 12 meg virtual.
>System 7.0 with truetype fonts. Using the old laserwriter driver 5.2.
								  ^^^

There's your problem.  The drivers that come with System 7.0 know out
TrueType fonts and will initialize your printer to use them automatically.
Install the new versions of all printer drivers that you need.

--
Barry E. Brown        --        \  Cal-Animage Beta publicity officer
bebrown@ucsd.{edu,uucp,bitnet}   \   Anime Stuff FTP Server administrator