[comp.sys.mac.system] Dealers

geoff@pmafire.inel.gov (Geoff Allen) (05/22/91)

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach, only here for the beer) writes:
>o Find a new dealer -- suppor those that are good, ignore those that aren't.
>  Sometimes this is inconvenient -- driving 25 minutes instead of 5, maybe
>  paying a few more dollars because dealers who also support users can't cut
>  prices quite as much (support takes time and money).

Heh, heh.  I'd *love* to only drive 25 minutes for a good Apple dealer.
I currently drive 55 miles to get to a good Apple dealer.  There's a
ComputerLand that's 3 miles away that *claims* to be an Apple dealer,
but don't you believe it!  Those guys wouldn't recognize a Macintosh if
it walked into their store and introduced itself.

You'd better believe that those guys aren't ever going to get *close* to
my SE for repairs.

The worst thing is that they don't care.  They don't see any profit in
Apple stuff and think DOS is the only thing that makes money.  I wish
they'd just go ahead and quit claiming to be an Apple dealer.

Ahh, I feel better having vented that frustration.  Thanks for listening
to those of you still with me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war.

--
Geoff Allen          \  What's the difference between a garden slug and
uunet!pmafire!geoff   \   a two-inch long, living booger?