[comp.sys.mac.system] Help Help Help They need HELP!!!!!

phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) (05/21/91)

Hey guys!

I was digging deep into System 7.0 this morning and came across a very
interesting message from some poor souls at Apple.

Message follows, what should we do about it?

---------------------------Cut Here-------------------------->8-------------

Macintosh System version 7.0

) Apple Computer, Inc. 1983-1991
All rights reserved.
All Rights Reserved.

Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a system software factory!

The Blue Meanies

Darin Adler
Scott Boyd
Chris Derossi
Cynthia Jasper
Brian McGhie
Greg Marriott
Beatrice Sochor
Dean Yu

---------------------------End of Message------------------>8--------------

So who is going to save these poor guys!

And also, am I the first to find this message, and are there more out there?

--
   __________
  /\  _______\ ================================================================

jerome@sampan (Jerome Chan Yeow Heong - 57875) (05/22/91)

In article <phil.674822039@cutmcvax> phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) writes:
          [stuff deleted]

>Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a system software factory!

I found a similiar message in system 6.0.7 too! Can someone confirm if this is
message can be found from finder 1.0 till 7.0?! Or is this a recent phenomena?!

.Chaos

jmatthews@desire.wright.edu (05/22/91)

In article <phil.674822039@cutmcvax>, phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) writes:

> Hey guys!
>
> I was digging deep into System 7.0 this morning and came across a very
> interesting message from some poor souls at Apple.
>
> Message follows, what should we do about it?
>
> ---------------------------Cut Here-------------------------->8-------------
>
> Macintosh System version 7.0
>

> ) Apple Computer, Inc. 1983-1991
> All rights reserved.
> All Rights Reserved.
>
> Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a system software factory!
>
> The Blue Meanies
>
> Darin Adler
> Scott Boyd
> Chris Derossi
> Cynthia Jasper
> Brian McGhie
> Greg Marriott
> Beatrice Sochor
> Dean Yu
>
> ---------------------------End of Message------------------>8--------------
>

> So who is going to save these poor guys!
>
> And also, am I the first to find this message, and are there more out there?
>

> --
>    __________
>   \ \ \____  / Philip Wild            / phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au
>    \ \ \/ / / Dept. Computer Science / psi%050529452300070::SWILDP
>     \ \/ / / Curtin University      / SWILDP%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
>      \  / / Perth                  / uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!SWILDP
>       \/_/ Western Australia      / Tel: (09) 385 8717

Phil: you are getting sleepy. There is no such message. If well meaning
software engineers put such messages in release code, it might
jeopardize their jobs. There is no such message. You are getting
sleepy... Ixnay. (signed) a friend. (smileys implicit)