[comp.sys.mac.system] * What do I do with my System 6 disks?

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) (05/17/91)

Howdy,
	Do I now have several useless disks? I have system 6.0.4 (wow)
from Apple as well as Backups of 6.0.7. What CAN I do with these?

Just so you know: dead disks make GREAT coasters.

"We seek peaceful coexistance!"		      |		 Mike
"Yeah, and monkeys will fly outa my butt!"    |	  gaines@mars.njit.edu
		Wayne's World: The Next Generation...NOT!

amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) (05/19/91)

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:

   Do I now have several useless disks? I have system 6.0.4 (wow)
   from Apple as well as Backups of 6.0.7. What CAN I do with these?

I may be missing the obvious, by why not just erase them and use them
as blanks?  A large portion of my blank disk supply is made up of old
Apple master disks.
--
Amanda Walker						      amanda@visix.com
Visix Software Inc.					...!uunet!visix!amanda

In article <1991May19.051530.27523@visix.com> amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
>
>   Do I now have several useless disks? I have system 6.0.4 (wow)
>   from Apple as well as Backups of 6.0.7. What CAN I do with these?
>
>I may be missing the obvious, by why not just erase them and use them
>as blanks?  A large portion of my blank disk supply is made up of old
>Apple master disks.

<grin>.  Somewhere in my backup set is a disk that I got as MacWorks 2.0, but
had a label underneath marked 'MacTest'....  Amazing how long that thing has
lasted (and as an 800K disk, too-- when it was originally 400K)

ddl683@sarah.albany.edu (Cinderella Man) (05/22/91)

From russotto@eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) come these immortal words:
>In article <1991May19.051530.27523@visix.com> amanda@visix.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>>gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
>>
>>   Do I now have several useless disks? I have system 6.0.4 (wow)
>>   from Apple as well as Backups of 6.0.7. What CAN I do with these?
>>
>>I may be missing the obvious, by why not just erase them and use them
>>as blanks?  A large portion of my blank disk supply is made up of old
>>Apple master disks.
>
><grin>.  Somewhere in my backup set is a disk that I got as MacWorks 2.0, but
>had a label underneath marked 'MacTest'....  Amazing how long that thing has
>lasted (and as an 800K disk, too-- when it was originally 400K)

	Heh.  I still have my original System (1.0) and Write/Paint
disks from a long while back.  In early '85 I sent off my original
MacWrite disk on a trade-in discount for a program doomed to be
forgotten, called "Word Handler," which I hoped would be the answer to
my word processing prayers.  Since then I've gone through every
version of MS Word, every version of WriteNow, and every version of
WordPerfect, and I'm still looking for the be-all in word processing.
Though WriteNow has served me well in its stead.

	I should probably bronze those old System disks...

>Matthew T. Russotto	russotto@eng.umd.edu	russotto@wam.umd.edu

						Derek L.

(Yeah, yeah, I know... "try Nisus!"...)
--
+ + "When nothing else remains, one must scream.  Silence is the ultimate  + +
+        crime against humanity." -- Nadezhda Mandelstam		     +