[comp.sys.mac.system] EtherSC and System 7.0

brian%harpo.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Brian Sturgill) (05/21/91)

Has anyone figured out a way to get System 7 to work with a Kinetics EtherSC?
The installer disk that came with the EtherSC does not work (not surprising).
And tracking Kinetics through Novell then to Shiva, leaves me with Novell
saying that they passed it to Shiva, and Shiva saying they never took it.
Further trying to hand install the old drivers using the old install script
as a guide does not work either.
I am out of ideas.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Brian
----------
Brian Sturgill
brian@cs.utah.edu

jms20@po.CWRU.Edu (John M. Sully) (05/21/91)

In a previous article, brian%harpo.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Brian Sturgill) says:

>Has anyone figured out a way to get System 7 to work with a Kinetics EtherSC?
>The installer disk that came with the EtherSC does not work (not surprising).
>And tracking Kinetics through Novell then to Shiva, leaves me with Novell
>saying that they passed it to Shiva, and Shiva saying they never took it.
>Further trying to hand install the old drivers using the old install script
>as a guide does not work either.
>I am out of ideas.  Any help would be much appreciated.

That's about all I could come up with.  If anyone has info about this...I'd
appriciate hearing about it (I've been banging my head asll morning on this
problem.)
--
| John M. Sully                    | "Why do I get the idea that |
| jms20@po.cwru.edu                |  someday I'll be describing |

patel@mwunix.mitre.org (Anup C. Patel) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May21.002911.24279@hellgate.utah.edu> brian%harpo.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Brian Sturgill) writes:
>Has anyone figured out a way to get System 7 to work with a Kinetics EtherSC?
>The installer disk that came with the EtherSC does not work (not surprising).
>And tracking Kinetics through Novell then to Shiva, leaves me with Novell
>saying that they passed it to Shiva, and Shiva saying they never took it.
>Further trying to hand install the old drivers using the old install script
>as a guide does not work either.
>I am out of ideas.  Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>Brian
>----------
>Brian Sturgill
>brian@cs.utah.edu

When I called Shiva (present owner of the Kinetics Ether* line), the support
person told me that Shiva is working on Sys 7.0 drivers.  The drivers should
be availble on AppleLink when they are ready for distribution.

If you need to contact Shiva, the phone number is (617) 252-6400.

gonzalm@prism.cs.orst.edu (Mario Gonzales) (05/22/91)

In <1991May21.002911.24279@hellgate.utah.edu> brian%harpo.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Brian Sturgill) writes:

>Has anyone figured out a way to get System 7 to work with a Kinetics EtherSC?
>The installer disk that came with the EtherSC does not work (not surprising).
>And tracking Kinetics through Novell then to Shiva, leaves me with Novell
>saying that they passed it to Shiva, and Shiva saying they never took it.
>Further trying to hand install the old drivers using the old install script
>as a guide does not work either.
>I am out of ideas.  Any help would be much appreciated.

>Brian
>----------
>Brian Sturgill
>brian@cs.utah.edu

This seems to be happening alot of places.....

We have DyanTalk and Kinetics Etherport and when we run the installer it says
that the File System is of the Wrong Type...

I have tried hacking with Res-Edit, placing all the file icons in numerous
diffrent configurations and when I try to attach to the Network it says
an error occured and that local appletalk will be used instead,  SO NO
Network with 7.0 unless we can find an upgrade that isn't here or
we find a hack that will work.

Anyone who has 7.0 and one of the afore mentioned Ehtercards or similar
products could you detail the setup for us.  Also anyone else that is
having similar problems maybe mail configurations that have not worked
so we know not to try them (but don't flood the Group with this unless..)

Thanks,

Mario L. Gonzales

| Mario L. Gonzales |    gonzalm@prism.cs.orst.edu  <HOME>  | Oregon State   |
| Wilson Hall #311  |    gonzalm@mist.cs.orst.edu           | Univeristy     |
| 97331-1413        |    A Liberal is a man too broadminded | University     |
|                   |    to take his own side in a quarrel. | Computing      |
| IBM PC & MAC      | There are only two side to every      |----------------|
| Literate :-}      | question: my side and the wrong side. | Kerr Comp. Lab |