[comp.sys.mac.system] Suitcase II bug fix patch

brecher@btr.btr.com (Steve Brecher) (05/22/91)

 Suitcase II versions 1.2.6 through 1.2.10 have a bug which may in some
circumstances caush a crash, particularly at startup time, depending on
other INITs in use.  This bug may show itself more frequently with
System 7.0 than with earlier Systems.  Note that version 1.2.10 is
required for use with System 7.0, and is recommended for use with any
System.

 The bug may be fixed with a patch using the following procedure.

 With ResEdit, open a copy of Suitcase II that is not currently in use.
Double click on the INIT resource type; in the ensuing window
double-click on INIT 128 (the only item).  Choose Find Hex from the Find
menu.  In the Change Hex dialog box, *carefully* type the following
values.   Then click the Find Next button. (If ResEdit beeps in response,
there has been an error.)  Then click the Change button.  Quit, confirming
that changes are to be saved.

 Find Hex:  7007
 Change to: 7060

[Note to emailers:  I will be offline until about May 31.]

--
brecher@btr.com (Steve Brecher)

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (05/22/91)

In article <2856@public.BTR.COM> brecher@btr.btr.com (Steve Brecher) writes:

> Suitcase II versions 1.2.6 through 1.2.10 have a bug which may in some
>circumstances caush a crash, particularly at startup time, depending on
>other INITs in use.  This bug may show itself more frequently with
>System 7.0 than with earlier Systems.  Note that version 1.2.10 is
>required for use with System 7.0, and is recommended for use with any
>System.

Where can I get 1.2.10 from? I looked at sumex, mac-archive.umich.edu
and on rascal.ics without success. Since I don't have access to
on-line services, I don't know whether it is available there.
Could some kind soul help the net.community out?

Edgar

rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert C. Sprecher) (05/22/91)

Me too!!!
--
Robert C. Sprecher, M.D.	       (E-Mail)  rcs8@po.cwru.edu
Department of Otolaryngology	       (Voice)   216-844-3001